Aoi is a young girl fresh out of college who is of about average height. She has very short and straight caramel coloured hair, and big greyish green eyes. Her main outfit is comprised of a white frilly shirt beneath a short, black dress, along with a blue two button blazer with three quarter length sleeves, and matching blue socks and blue sneakers with pink laces.
Aoi seems to have a bright and cheerful personality and she always strives to stay positive, no matter how murky the problem. She is also hardworking and cares a lot for her friends and always tries to stay calm in stressful situations, and she is also a very energetic girl.
Although a fresh face at Musashino Animation, she quickly learns how to cope with the everyday stresses of her job. Her diligence and determination to find a solution to every predicament has garnered the respect of many of her colleagues and acquaintances in the industry, alike. She is very persistent and patient when caught in between predicaments at work.
In her school days, she was interested in animation, so she joined a club. Along with her four friends, they created an animation titled "Shinbutsu Konkou SHICHIFUKUJIN", which was to be shown at their high school's cultural festival. During production, everyone played their roles in order to complete the project. However, it is revealed that Aoi is not the greatest at drawing, computer graphics, script writing, or voice acting. Before graduation, the girls made a promise to reunite one day and create another anime altogether. They set this creed in stone by sharing donuts. It seems that everyone has their minds set on what they want to pursue in the anime industry. As for Aoi, she graduated without a specific goal in mind, and came to Musashino Animation to work as a production assistant, immediately getting involved in her first anime, Exodus!
After her first year as a production assistant at Musashino Animation, the company is hired to work on an anime adaptation for a manga titled "The Third Girl Aerials Squad." At this time, Aoi is promoted by director Seiichi Kinoshita to her new position as Head Production Assistant after her colleague, Yutaka Honda, resigned from the company to pursue his dreams. This deals a great amount of pressure on Aoi, as she is immediately overwhelmed by the tasks involved in her position.
- Aoi loves donuts and likes to drink beer.
- Her name, Aoi is not only a girl name, but also a boy name.
- Ema and Shizuka call her, "Oi-chan", while Midori and Misa call her, "Oi-chan-senpai". Most of her coworkers call her Miyamori, while Erika calls her Meow-mori.
- She has great driving skills.
- She admits that she has not officially decided what exact job to take in the anime industry.
- She often has conversations in her mind by imagining stuffed toys coming to life and talking to each other that go by the name of Mimuji (ミムジ) and Roro (ロロ), a pirate girl and a white teddy bear.
- It is mentioned that in Episode 24 that she will eventually carry Musani on her shoulders.